Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spam call from +876332555 (for those in Malaysia)

I received a call from this number just now around 11am (+876332555).

The caller was a lady crying away badly and started calling me Mummy.
She spoke in Mandarin and... Kept on crying and calling Mummy... telling me she is in pain, very pain and someone is hitting her badly...

At first I was answered " huh" to her... then she repeated the same sentences and immediately I hang up the call.

Goodness gracious... OK, someone trying to scare me into thinking that my daughter is in their custody and probably thinking they will get something from me. Maybe they didn't know their phone number will be displayed at the phone as well? Could be dangerous or a waste of time...could also create anxiety in parents.

But the main thing is, I don't have any kid yet!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Stefan Ong said...

Just received a call from the same number. Crying lady calling me Papa and asking me for money cos she ran out apparently. Bizzare.

Anonymous said...

I just received a similar call too. I recorded the call. It came from the same number. +876332555. I can hear in the background another call was being made and the girl is also pleading to save her. Damn! gonna change my number.

Anonymous said...

I received a call from same number as well.The crying lady called me papa :S

Anonymous said...

I just received the same call too....
but i am a malay..
this is scary.

Manemas said...

i too received the call from the same number. a bit scary. thank god. they talked in chinese. pls be alert of these calls.

Anonymous said...

i just got the same call this morning .. a chinese boy was calling out for help .. "papa .. papa .. help me .. help me .. " .. then it ended ..

Anonymous said...

my mom received the same call this morning.. the girl keep on crying and said 'mommy.. pls come to save me.. somebody kidnapped me..'

Terence said...

Hi Anthony, thanks for sharing this info. I received a similar call this morning from a lady. I couldn't make much of the call except help me. Guess the line wasn't too good. Did have me wondering for awhile who was that ie long lost relative or friend.

In any case, may God convict these folks for their distasteful act and bring them to repentance. Not sure how many poor unsuspecting people they have picked on so far.

Anonymous said...

I just received a call from same number as well when I was sleeping. the girl keep on crying and said 'mommy.. please come to save me.. somebody kidnapped me..' I just Told her 'wrong number'.
is quite scary...

Anonymous said...

I am so shocked to receive a call, which everyone else here has gotten. The call was so loud it scared me. I didn't even understand chinese, something about 'Mummy, wo something something chee liao'. I thought it was a call from another world. I Googled the number and found this. But isn't +87 a Kenyan number?

Anonymous said...

ANONYMOUS Received similar call , same no . very disturbing .A child crying away . Hope they can trace those behind it . god bless . 2nd dec .

Sood&Lamlie said...

Same here. I got a missed call from the same number, but as I was somewhere else, I didn't get to hear the call. I googled the number and it got me here. Funny how many have got the same call, eh?